Friday, February 4, 2011

Delicious Fridays...

It's finally Friday and after such a long week, I feel ready to recharge a little bit. Poor Zoey had an incredibly tough week with teething. Every morning this week ended with sobbing and screaming. Some days carried into the afternoon, but we survived. Today seems to be going a bit better already but a good nap always helps!

She always perked up when her daddy came home. She is trying so hard to talk and when he would get home it was as if she would try to tell him everything she did. She's exploring the ranges of her voice, with high squeaks and low 'Oohs', it's been a perfect way to end our days.




Fridays are treasures to me. After a long week at work, I have the day off. So I get a chance to just play with my monkey. We clean the house, read, play with toys, and sometimes we even get out of the house! It's odd when you get out and realize, hey this is the first time since Sunday! It's a lifestyle I have adapted to however. Tonight I am planning on making Henry's favorite Ice Cream Cake. I was going to make it for his Birthday but since it had coffee in it, it was not allowed in January. I think it might be a nice treat to enjoy while we relax tonight.

This week I have also rediscovered one of my childhood loves, Adventures in Odyssey. It's a Focus on the Family radio show that's been running for over twenty years. My sister and I used to listen to them all the time. I would actually have them running as I would go to sleep. So it's been fun going through and listening to old shows and learning about the new ones. I was so sad to find out that the actor who played Mr Whit for many many years passed away last year. So it's a little different hearing a new actor, but I remember adjusting when the original actor Hal Smith passed away and I embraced Paul Herlinger quickly. It's the character that is treasured along with the people who bring them to life. It will always have a place in my heart, with all the lessons it taught me. I still remember specific things that I've learned and held on to that I gained from Odyssey. I hope maybe someday Zoey will find them a blessing to her as well.

No comments: