Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sleep Training....Sigh...

Brutal! Last weekend was exhausting for Henry and I. We've been working with Zoey on going to sleep in her crib without being fed first or being totally asleep. She's resisting, but mostly only for her afternoon nap. We generally have been fighting with her on it for an hour minimum everyday. She's so so exhausted but either falls asleep while standing in her crib and then wakes up screaming (who wouldn't sleeping like that!) or she'll give in and sit down but the movement of a head drooping as she falls asleep wakes her every time. The other day it was every time her head drooped she would bang into the crib bars. Poor baby. By the end of it I end up peaking through the little crack in her door to see if she's okay, and at the end of the hour, I wait for her to quiet down before I get her.

I pray the whole time, begging to see her just gently lie down and give into the sleep. I have been thinking I need to write down some where a note to her, so that when she's older, maybe even when she is doing the same thing with her children, she knows mommy was always watching her, listening for her soft breath, praying for her, loving her. As awful as it is, and as awful as she may feel in the moment, she's never alone. Her parents are always there. I think that is such a comforting idea. I know that I gained so much comfort from the presence of my parents when I was younger and as well as I get older. I think even more so, the imagery is significant when we think about our Heavenly Father. We sob and cry. We beg and ask why, but we are never alone. No matter how we feel, He is watching and loving us. We are doing this with Zoey because we know (or hope) it's best, and who better to know what is best for us than God.

So my Dearest Zoey. Whenever you read this, please know that your Mommy and Daddy love you more than they ever thought they could love another person. We are always watching you and loving you. We pray daily for you and look forward to a day where you will come to know the comfort and joy in prayer and even more so, in a relationship with your Heavenly Father. We love you, forever and always.




And now I'm going to get my baby girl and make her feel all better <3

No comments: