So many of my dear friends have had or are expecting babies! It's been amazing to witness. It's also left me thinking about my baby, and how much she's grown over the last year. These photos are from last Christmas. Look at those sweet chubby cheeks. She was moving around a little at that time and she really got a sense and skill for unwrapping presents as well.
This year my girl is running everywhere, eating solid food (a little picky but that's typical), chatting up a storm, and pushing through her 2 year molars. She seems so grown up, more independent than I even imagined, loving, and emotional.
So with all the new babies around I've started to miss the 'Baby' in my baby girl. But only for a little while. Don't get me wrong in the middle of all the work and sleeplessness, I savored all the moments in the first year, and I do miss some of that. But my little girl still wants to cuddle with her Mommy and Daddy, she regularly brings her blankie and stuffie and will crawl on my lap and declare she is sleepy and curls up and falls asleep. I will continue to savor these moments and I think she will always be my baby girl. Even my mom still calls my sister and I baby girl. It seems to come with the territory.
As for adding a new baby into our lives.....would I be up for doing this all over again?
In a heartbeat, but until then, Henry and I are soaking up every moment with our precious Zoey.
No comments:
Post a Comment