As far as sleep goes we are finally moving from the 2 - 2 1/2 hours between night feedings and she is starting to sleep for 4 - 5 hours at a time. It's amazing. The first night she did that Henry went to get her, I started feeding and then we looked at each other and looked at the clock and looked at each other again. We were in shock and it sure felt good to sleep that long again!
One thing that Henry and I both have been experiencing (less so as time goes on) are these moments of almost night terrors. One of us (usually me) will bolt up in bed and start looking for Zoey. I will have completely forgotten that she is safe and sound in her crib and I'll think I've fallen asleep while holding her and she's fallen off the bed or some horrific thing. Just awful. Like I said, it's happening less and less. I think this is just part of being a parent, she has been placed in our care and we both take that role incredibly seriously.
Something that has been amazing is her smiles. She is at that stage where she is flashing her gummy smile all the time. It is the most amazing thing. I know a lot of it is her mimicking us when we smile at her, but honestly it is the most precious thing no matter the reason. A good friend of ours got a chance to see her in full grin mode and just laughed. "Henry you're screwed" he said. He's right, Henry is already fully wrapped around her little finger. He is loving reading to her and interacting with her more. It's incredibly precious.
Zoey is such a sweet little girl and we cannot wait to see what else she has in store for us. I'm sure it's going to be quite the ride in the Duiker household!
2 comments:
Ashley,
I did the exact same thing. Suddenly wake up and start looking for Jil in the blankets. Jeff would then wake up, thinking I had brought her to bed with us ( which I never did for this very reason) and start looking too. Finally I would realize she was in bed. I chalked up the deleriousness to lack of sleep. Love seeing your pictures and yes, dads of daughters are screwed, the little ladies have their daddies figured out from day one!
I'm so glad to hear its not just us! It hasn't happened in a while which is a relief. I've started going to sleep mentally reminding myself, "Ok she is in her crib, perfectly safe". I think your right, the lack of sleep is likely the culprit :)
Daughters are a dangerous thing :) I think Jeff and Henry are in for it! Jil is a gorgeous little lady.
Post a Comment