Monday, May 30, 2011

Sleeping Beauty




If I put Zoey down for a nap while she's still awake, I leave the door open just a crack. That way if she cries before falling asleep, I can still creep up to the door and peak in on her to make sure she's alright. There are a lot of reasons that I do this, but probably number one has to be, Peace of Mind. There have been a few nights since she's been born that I've gotten up in the night and had a peak in on her. I listen to hear her soft breathing and look just over the edge of her crib and see that she's sleeping. Sometimes I come upstairs and tell Henry about the crazy positions I find her in. Without fail, he will smile and laugh, and say, "we have one cute kid".



Today she fell asleep in the bouncy seat we have in the bathroom. Since she's still not one hundred percent stable (and the space isn't Zoey proofed yet) she will hang out in there as I get a shower after a run. It's a lovely routine. This time she fell asleep in her chair which is always unbearably precious. I finished cleaning up and brought her down to her crib to finish her nap. She woke up as I laid her down and she cried. I kissed her, covered her up, and closed the door leaving that crack open. After just a few minutes I went to check on her and I smiled when I saw her. She was staring at the designs on the bumpers, playing with the blankets, swinging her feet around. There is a great deal of sweetness in the simplicity of my little girl falling asleep, peacefully in her crib.



No comments: