Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Final Days of Summer...

Some playtime with Mickey Mouse and Friends
Well Summer is officially over and Fall is here. I have to be honest, I love Fall, the colors and the mild weather suits me just fine. I do love Summer, but Fall has a special place in my heart. We enjoyed the last few hot days outside the last couple weekends the best we could. We've felt September has flown by with it's crazy schedule and projects. Last week we literally had something on the go every night minus Tuesday, normally we have a lot of the go, but it seemed far more intense than normal. However, everything we did have on our plate were things we were very excited about. We decided it was time to take a refresher on our First Aid with Baby Roo on the way we knew it needed to happen before his/her arrival. It was also spurred by Zoey's accidental burn this Summer. We knew how to handle that situation but it reminded us that serious injuries happen and we need to know what to do in order to stay calm. I have to say it was completely worth the two late evenings. As a bestie put it, "You never regret getting your First Aid".

We spent some time at Oma and Opa's as well and Zoey was able to help dig potatoes and run around the acreage.Their property is beautiful and any time we are there Zoey loves to run around and take in all the space and fresh air. I think she'll always treasure the moments where her Daddy runs in their yard with her kicking the soccer ball, and even more she'll love that we did that as a family.

Digging for Potatoes
Getting some help from Oma
Running at the Acreage
We were able to spend some time with friends as well which we always enjoy. One of the toughest parts of feeling so busy is making sure we manage a balance of time with our friends along with that quality family time. We adore our friends and feel so blessed to count them as part of our family, so it's tough when we feel like we haven't be able to manage time with each of them in a while. Honestly, a pretty okay problem to have....too many amazing friends! One of the get together's we were at recently, I was so lucky to hold their new baby and even give him a bottle! For a split second I thought, 'Jeepers will I remember what this feels like?' and boom it was like Zoey was a newborn still. I told Henry on the way home, it was so nice to have that reminder that the comfort level comes right back.

A hat for the Fall
I've been getting a little more uncomfortable at night time and I am thinking about getting a wedge for sleeping at night. I think my back and hips are taking a lot of the stress while I try and sleep and I find the pillow or body pillows are way too big and bulky. Last night after I got Zoey back into her bed (she had toddled out of bed at 2am) Roo was kicking up a storm. Typically, kicks don't keep me up, but last night baby was very awake and very squirmy. I decided not to suffer alone and pressed my belly against Henry's back. After a few minutes I heard a quiet chuckle, "Baby isn't interested in sleeping are they.". After an hour or so I was finally able to relax and drift back to sleep. While not sleeping is unpleasant, I'm still saying the kicks and squirms are my favorite part of pregnancy. Eventually, Baby Roo will kick and squirm and cry and will require more of me than lying in bed with my eyes closed. So I will soak it in, because I know I will miss it later on.




No comments: