I went to see the Naturopath and I think I had some lofty expectations and hopes. I was hoping she would talk to me and be able to immediately pinpoint the problem with a simple fix. I found her to be very empathetic and kind. Her recommendation to us was for both Zoey and I to go off Gluten and Dairy for a few weeks and see if that is the cause of the problems. I was excited to try it out and hopefully experience some relief. We made the decision to just have myself try the diet change. With a skinny, already picky eater, we weren't keen on forcing something on her and having her lose weight. We have reduced the Gluten and Dairy where we can in her diet and she's done well with that.
The change in diet was overwhelming at first but once I was able to wrap my head around and along with some suggestions and help from my sister and best friend I settled in comfortably. Don't get me wrong, I would adore having a glass of Milk, Almond Milk just isn't the same. Removing Gluten from my diet has been the easier part for me. It's been fun learning and experimenting with all the different Gluten Free flours, I think I have five different types in my pantry!
 |
| My face on Monday....with makeup on |
Unfortunately, the changes in diet haven't helped with my skin and discomfort. I'm just shy of 3 weeks into it and it has actually been much worse during that time. I know that there is a period of detox that can make it worse in the first few days, but I would have hoped that wouldn't last this long. I went to our Family Doctor a week ago to update him on where I am at and ask for a referral to a Dermatologist. That day my face was covered in red and dry spots. My eyes were swollen and red. As I sat in the Doctors waiting room I thought people were looking at my cutie pie daughter when I realized they were looking at me. I forgot I looked the way I did. The nurse came to get me and gasped. My Doctor felt badly for me and quickly agreed to refer me to a Dermatologist in Calgary and ordered some more blood tests. One definite answer to prayer that came out of that day was a prescribed cream for Zoey's symptoms. With a little more consistency, it cleared it completely up! What an amazing blessing.
 |
| My healthy little girl |
I get to see the Dermatologist already, thanks to my Mom's inside track on referrals, we go on Monday. It's amazing since the typical wait time in Lethbridge is around 6 months. So we are praying that something positive will come of the appointment. I need to optimistic. Last night I was up for hours and finally got up utterly exhausted and frustrated. I couldn't stop scratching and my skin is feeling raw and sore. The last three mornings my skin is incredibly tight and dry and my eyes are puffed and red. With no exaggeration, the bags under my eyes looks like one of the Hecklers from The Muppets. It's not a great look.
So I am trying to be faithful and trusting that God will have a solution and healing for me soon. But to be honest the last couple weeks and even more so the last couple days have worn on me and I am feeling spent. I am incredibly grateful for my family and friends who have been so supportive and encouraging. Henry has been a life line through it all. I have no idea how he manages to make me feel beautiful in the midst of it all, but he does. I am so blessed.
 |
| I love my husband |
So if you are able, keep us in your prayers, especially on Monday, that we would be gifted with a treatment. And maybe even some cheesy pasta on the way home ;)
1 comment:
This way you additionally never have to await for your consider exercise on your chosen abdominal exercise machines. If you make the option of exercising from your own home, you can decide upon multiple fitness tools or you can acquire a full fitness machine that trains the main body.
Post a Comment