![]() |
| 10 Weeks |
Well the name of this blog will change come December (or
January)! It’s true we are expanding our little family and we couldn’t be more
excited or terrified. Just like the anxiety of the unknown when you have your
first child, there is the unknown of having a second. However, we prayed for
this child and cannot wait to meet them and do it again. We know that Zoey will
be an incredible Big Sister, it will be a huge huge adjustment for her, but
she’s going to handle it like she does everything, a Rockstar. To help with the transition we are planning
on helping her with any changes during the summer rather than right before or
after baby comes. We don’t want her to feel displaced because of baby, so the
big girl changes will happen months before. The changes are nothing too major but
we do plan to move her room, which will be a change but we are going to make it
as exciting as we possibly can! We found some amazing wall decals for cheap
cheap cheap at Walmart. So she gets the Heffalump room she wants without the
mural painting (which did turn out amazing).
![]() |
| 12 Weeks |
I am 12 weeks along in this pregnancy and a lot of things have been different and very similar. I’ve popped way earlier than I did with Zoey but I expected that as it happens with second pregnancies. I felt oh so sick in the first few months but never clinging to the porcelain sick that some have, for this I have been grateful. I’ve experienced a bizarre and frustrating hunger when I am not nauseous. Like, ‘I don’t think I can get this food in my mouth fast enough’ hunger. It’s lessening now, thank heavens, otherwise I feared I would gain 100 pounds this time around. I was pleasantly surprised at my first appointment that I am below any number I imagined at this point, so cheers to that!
![]() |
| Waiting to be a Big Sister is tough... |
Our first Prenatal appointment was much more eventful than
my previous appointments with Zoey. It started the same as any other, I peed in
a cup and then put on those pretty gowns (can’t they get a material that’s not
pastel and see through?). The doctor came in and he started checking my stomach
and all those fun things. Then he said he'd try the Doppler to find the
heartbeat which was why I had asked Henry to come with me, the first heartbeat
is so exciting. First try and he couldn't quite find it so he said he'd do the
pelvic exam first and maybe get baby moving for him. So we did that and
then he tried the Doppler again. No dice, they got a different machine to try
and for probably 7- 10 minutes he tried to find the heartbeat with no luck. So
at first I was bummed that Henry missed work to come to the appointment and
didn't get to hear a heartbeat. Then I realized our Doctor seemed to be
thinking a lot. I got dressed and I told Henry I hadn't even considered the
alternative, that something could be wrong. We were remarkably unstressed.
Doctor came back and said everything looks good, and my cervix looks like I'm
pregnant. I was sensing a but....and the he said, just to be safe he wanted to
send me for an ultrasound....today (Friday). He took us that he really didn't want
us to worry, that nine times out of ten the baby is just hiding, but that in
his years practicing he's seen the alternative so he wanted to be safe. I truly
appreciated his desire to be careful and through with mine and Baby Roo’s
health.
So we went to the booking clerk and started chugging water, thankfully I have been practicing more regular water intake so I had a big bottle with me. I drank over 4 cups in 5 minutes, and then we were off straight to the hospital. I got a little misty as I was processing it all but Henry and I were staying calm. We went to the hospital and got shuffled back to Diagnostic Imaging all within 20 minutes. I went in for the ultrasound by myself at first and the incredibly kind ultrasound tech told me within 2 seconds of looking and said, “There's a baby and a heartbeat”. Sweet relief.
So we went to the booking clerk and started chugging water, thankfully I have been practicing more regular water intake so I had a big bottle with me. I drank over 4 cups in 5 minutes, and then we were off straight to the hospital. I got a little misty as I was processing it all but Henry and I were staying calm. We went to the hospital and got shuffled back to Diagnostic Imaging all within 20 minutes. I went in for the ultrasound by myself at first and the incredibly kind ultrasound tech told me within 2 seconds of looking and said, “There's a baby and a heartbeat”. Sweet relief.
After they did all the measurements and checks they said Baby Roo is 11 weeks
(12 now) and looks great. Henry came in with Zoey and they showed us the screen
and I burst into tears. A perfect little baby in there kicking and bouncing
away. Baby doesn't look like a tadpole anymore, it's a baby! :) We could see a
head, two hands, fingers, feet, and bum....perfect. So a whirlwind morning
ended with the greatest moment. Honestly we know that God gave us yesterday as
a gift.
We are so so grateful and gosh this pregnancy feels almost all of a sudden
real! So that meant it was time to start documenting Baby Roo the best I can!
Summer is right around the corner so I plan to record as much as I can of our
last summer as a family of three.




No comments:
Post a Comment