Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baby Roo's Second Ultrasound...

I thought it would be a good idea for me to jot down some moments from this ultrasound while it's still fresh in my memory!

It was nice getting ready for this appointment in contrast to the rush and unknown of our first ultrasound at 11 weeks. I had forgotten however, how tough it is to drink all that water and hold it for the hour and a half. I had one glass left and 40 minutes until my appointment and I was going crazy. The thought of having them push on my bladder once I got there, let alone manage to hold it for that much longer wasn't happening. So as I danced around I asked Henry if I could pee just a little. He laughed at me and said go for it. I did have another glass to drink and enough time to make it all work. The hard part is starting and managing to stop, but it worked out and I was able to make it to the appointment without wetting myself.

We were called into our room after a few minutes of waiting and as is the usual procedure, they do measurements first then spend the last few minutes showing you the baby. Henry and I were quiet as we watched her measure our baby and smiled at each other when we caught a glimpse of recognizable features. After she had all she needed she turned the screen and showed us Baby Roo. First off I take back ever saying this baby is less active than Zoey....in the past week or so Baby Roo has made a total liar out of me! There was live evidence of that as well as we watch Roo kick, stretch, and squirm. At one point we saw baby stretch to their full length and push the limits of space. It's always surreal to see it happen on screen while feeling it at the same time. We were able to see famous Duiker legs on Roo, arms, heartbeat, and a precious face. In the quick moment we were able to see eyes, nose, and mouth, all which look perfectly unique and yet so similar to his/her sister. It all feels just a little more real and I adored getting to see Baby Roo in action and I am so excited to be able to hold him or her soon enough.

One final exciting thing, all the measurements match pretty darn close to the dates I have for a due date. I know full well, a due date doesn't mean a whole lot that often, but for some reason I've been convinced that we are not due in January. Baby might come in January, but we sure aren't due then. It was exciting to see my gut was right on this one. Henry figures I just like being right, but come on who doesn't!

Looking straight at Baby Roo's face. A little blurry but it's there!

Starting from the Left is the bottom of the Spine curving towards the head.

Legs and Knees

Teeny foot



Body and Arm raised with a teeny nose and mouth.

Legs, Body, Arm, and Head in motion
I go this week for the results from the Ultrasound and I'm eager to hear things are going well and Roo is healthy. That's really all I can ask for.

No comments: