I will begin by saying, baby is wanting some breakfast so this may be brief or potentially littered with random breakfast related words ;)
Anyways, today is a huge day! We are halfway through the pregnancy. Henry and I were reflecting last night on how fast this has all progressed. It seems like just a yesterday I was bullied into getting a pregnancy test by my cousin (by the way, thanks Eb!) and had the shock of my life. I had taken tests before, but when there was actually the possibility that we could be pregnant, I was in complete denial. Don't get me wrong, it's obviously not that I didn't hope with every fiber that I was, we both did not think it would happen so quickly! When I walked into the bathroom to check the results of what I fully expected to be negative, I stopped breathing. TWO Pink lines! My reaction was painfully cliched. I stepped back and grabbed on to the door as I ended up sliding to the floor. I started crying and Zeppelin was confused so he came to sit on my lap and licked my hand.
I realized I needed to prepare to tell Henry. I mustered everything I had to call him and tell him I wasn't feeling well without slipping about the news. I definitely didn't want to tell him over the phone. He said since I wasn't feeling well, he would bring home supper and we would just relax and watch a movie or something. Honestly, exactly how I envisioned the evening. He came home that evening and I had planted a box of Eggos in the freezer. Now the reason for this is he hates Eggos, but loves the movie Juno. I had told him a long time ago that I would want Eggos when we were pregnant due to the line "Your Eggo is Preggo homeskillet."
After we sat down for supper I asked if he would mind getting me a drink. He of course said yes and walked to the fridge. I told him that I had stored something in the freezer that I wanted to drink. (best I could do) When he looked in the freezer he stopped, turned and looked at me and said "are you serious" well naturally I lost it and he came over and we hugged and I tried to stop shaking. He was so excited and had the same smile on his face that he did when he asked me to marry him.
After we absorbed the news, well not absorbed but rather settled. We had some supper and watched Americas Got Talent, our guilty pleasure show from the summer. It was beautiful and perfect.
So to reflect on that moment to where we are now is surreal. We still haven't fully absorbed the entire reality yet and likely will not until the baby is here. But today is an exciting day :)
2 comments:
Bahh! That is the cutest story ever. That's so funny that all Henry had to do was see a box of Eggos and he knew. Greg would have looked in there a million times before noticing something like some Eggos. Nice work.
I'm sure you'll find the second half goes by faster and is the best ever. You get to look all cute and preggo and feel baby more and more!
You look beautiful and I'm so excited to me the little Duiker.
Aww thanks Audrey! You are incredibly sweet!
It was a good plan and Henry was pretty quick on the draw with that one :)
I'm looking forward to the second half! Trying to hang on to each moment while I can!
Post a Comment