Well those in my family who know me well, know that I am not an extremely patient person. Not to say that I was one of those kids who deliberately searched for Christmas and Birthday presents before hand. I actually accidentally found a receipt from my Christmas present from Henry and I called him at work bawling! I was so devastated that I had ruined the surprise. So when I say I am not a patient person that's not the way that I mean it. What I mean is waiting for certain things are really tricky for me. I have yet to wait until the appropriate day to give Henry his presents and we have been together almost four years now.
I say all this because I think God is teaching me patient through this pregnancy. Whether I like it or not, this baby is coming 6 months from now and in their own time. As a parent this is what I want, any sooner wouldn't be healthy or in the plan. As Ashley, this is at times incredibly difficult. At the same time, as I have mentioned before, this whole experience is flying by. At the end of this month I am already at the halfway point! It's insanity!
What is the point of all this? I'm not entirely sure yet, but I am learning that somethings are worth waiting for. This is not the first time I have learned this lesson. I waited 21 years to meet my husband, it has been the greatest choice I have made. I think patience will be a virtue I am continually working on and learning, but in life I think a person needs to always be learning.
As for other things going on :) We bought a Baby Book and started filling out the things that we could. It was actually a lot of fun to do and then to look through what milestones we get to look forward to was exciting. We also found a pack n play play yard. We set it up once we got it home to see if we could figure it out. We did and it looks great. I stood there thinking, whoa.... :)
Oh on a sad note, the Oilers game I was so excited about ended tragically. We had finally tied it up and were just running the clock to either score a winning goal or get us to over time and .....sigh ..... the goalie came out to clear a puck and some Flame managed to chip it into the empty net. Not cool. However, it was just the first game and we get a rematch on Thursday.....I feel a cold coming on that will require me to cancel class......cough cough
Out of the whole thing, I realized why I really like Pat Quinn, what a classy classy guy. I'de also like to know what kind of gum he chews cause it clearly holds up (unless he switches them out....not that theres anything wrong with that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment