Wednesday, December 2, 2009

25 Weeks and Only 23 Days to Christmas :)


25 weeks! It's been an eventful last week as far as the pregnancy goes. We were so thrilled to get a good report from the ultrasound, as well, finding out that we are having a little girl is incredible. It's made things much more real and put things on a different level. Unfortunately, every time I see a man holding a baby girl I get misty....hormones. As for hormones, I've been pretty proud of myself and my ability to maintain my sanity. I have forced Henry to say that I have been level headed and he has complied so far....that counts right :) Well the other day I had a....moment....for about ten minutes I was livid over nothing. I needed Zeppelin to go poo for me before I went into class and he was not cooperating in the pooping arena, so I was angry. And then after that I for some reason was super pissed about the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. It was on last night and I knew that Heidi Klum, whom I love, was modeling in the show a mere 5 WEEKS after giving birth. So I was all mad about the standards that were being set....yada yada yada....anyways...the ten minutes passed and I regained sanity. I apologized to Zeppelin, called my sister and apologized as well and then called Henry and asked if he could tell me that I was a good person.

Crisis averted :)

Little babes has been keeping very active and it sure looks like she is growing everyday. My belly is getting nice and round and slowly my feet are disappearing. She apparently loves to push her feet, head, hands, anything up into my diaphragm. It makes it incredibly hard to breath sometimes. Oh well :) The things I do for her....happily

Henry and I talked about what happens if the ultrasound is wrong. What a trip that would be! Obviously we would be just as happy but it would clearly be a surprise. We aren't buying everything pink for that reason, but it's not like we are going to be so cautious that we never get any gender specific items. My sister within five minutes of finding out she was getting a niece ran out to get a complete outfit that she had been eyeing. She already dressed better than me :)
I just thought that I should mention we have thought about that possibility.

No comments: