Monday, November 30, 2009

The Big News!

I am so excited to share with everyone that we are have a Baby GIRL :) The news hit us like a wave!

We came in to get the Ultrasound results and while we were excited to hear the gender we were most anxious to hear that our baby was healthy and developing well. Our doctor came in and told us the news. I think he thought we were most excited to hear the gender since he kind of flew through the other results.

"Spine is good, Head shape is good, Lips are good. The rest of the body structure looks great. Heart and lungs are excellent.

And you better buy some pink stuff."

I was already misty from the relief of the first information and then BAM! Henry and I had apparently convinced ourselves that it was a boy. I don't know if there could have been a bigger surprise! We are so excited. No matter what we are over the moon but now knowing just makes it that much more real.

A little girl :) Amazing

3 comments:

Kindra said...

Congratulations, that's so exciting!! Girls are great :) And we need more baby girls at the Gate...it was being overrun by boys!

audrey said...

Ya ya...girls are great. Boys are pretty rad too ya know.

;P

Congratulations!!!

Ashley Duiker said...

Thanks guys :)

Your gals and guy are pretty rad that is for sure, hoping this little chicky can fit in with the cool crowd ;)