
Today I officially hit the 31 week mark but I covered all that earlier in the week. Today I am mostly filled with gratitude and a sense of my blessings. Clearly in the wake of such tragedy but other elements from yesterday and this morning have brought this on. Yesterday, I decided with the glorious warm weather to finally get my poor dog out for a short walk around the park. I'm not sure if trudging through the snow drifts was a little much for me or not but by the time I was on my way back to my house (which is not more than a block or two really) I felt some pain and cramping in my belly area. Nothing that I panicked over, it wasn't really fluctuating, and it wasn't crippling pain. I had no sensation of fluid or anything like that so I figured my best choice was simply to take my time, get home and sit for a minute or two. Once I was settled it took only a few minutes to taper off and I sat and annoyed her to get her to kick me. Once I felt the familiar swift kick I was happy. I wasn't opposed to a rest anyways so I took it easy for a little while after that. All the activity made my abdomen muscles a little tender and sore, plus later that night our little girl was celebrating something in there and then got the hiccups. So needless to say I was definitely ready for bed last night :)
This morning however, demonstrates my love and desire to feel those kicks, no matter what they feel like. She almost always wakes up at the same time as Henry and I and starts her kicking right away. That didn't happen this morning. I asked Henry to wake her up since she wasn't responding to me picking on her. After a little bit of poking and prodding and what felt like 20 minutes (definitely not that long though) she kicked him back a little and then did a bit of a flip. It almost seemed like a, "leave me alone I'm sleeping" moment. By the time I was up and started with my day she was in full action. The point I think I am making here is how blessed I am and grateful for everything in my life. The kicks of my child are reminding me of that everyday. While I am so anxious to see her, to know that she is healthy, all those amazing things, I treasure every second where I can still feel those movements and have this connection with her....no matter how uncomfortable :) Plus I am still sleeping through the night for the most part (minus needing to wake up to roll over) but no bathroom runs at midnight! I'm sucking up all the sleep I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment