Tuesday, February 9, 2010

35 Weeks......whoa

Well it's been a busy week! Finishing up the nursery was amazing. We are so happy to have that project finished. A person doesn't realize what is all involved in a project like that! lol oh well, we are really really happy with the finished product and cannot wait to see our little girl in that room. We are just waiting now for the crib to arrive, it is due February 24th. If she comes before the crib it's not the end of the world but it would sure be nice to have it set up and ready first! So the crib and a lamp are all that is left for that room. Surreal...



On Saturday my sister had my baby shower (feels odd saying mine when its not really for me ;). It was a ton o fun! It was relaxed and casual which is totally me. It was really nice to have friends around and chat and eat some candy! My sister in law came down too which was a super extra treat! It was a really nice time and huge thanks to everyone that made it out :)

I had an appointment yesterday and things are looking good. We booked my third ultrasound to find out jellybeans position. He tried to get an idea of her position based on the heart monitor and trying to feel for her head, he thinks she is head down as of yesterday. However, he can't be completely sure. So we will find out next Friday what the plan is as I have the ultrasound in the morning and then meet with our doctor that afternoon. Whatever the result we are so incredibly excited to see our little girl no matter how she chooses to make her appearance :)


I can't believe how quickly the last trimester has gone by! To think that we are only 5 weeks away from the due date! It's kind of one of those most incredible, unbelievable things.

On another note. I have moved away from watching the news in the morning and happily transitioned to watching Sportsnet Connected. I really LOVE watching all the hockey highlights and now the Olympic coverage is a lot of fun to keep updated on. But I have to say, I've told Henry before, hockey players are kind of gross! lol It makes me laugh and cringe every morning when I see the boogers and spit fired off in the benches. I think to myself, the poor person responsible for cleaning the benches. Next time you watch a game, enjoy the game itself, and then pay attention to everyone on the bench and the boogers and spit that is evacuated on to the ice and bench. I suppose it has to go somewhere but it just makes me laugh. I bet their wives and girlfriends are super turned on by all that ;)

No comments: