Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 34

Wowzers, can you believe how quickly we have gone through this pregnancy! Three more weeks and we are Full Term and Six till the Due date! Unbelievable....

Well things are going really well and I really can't complain about how things are going. I feel pretty good, obviously tired and getting a little more sore as time goes on. But I think that's to be expected when you have this belly stretching out and pulling you forward. I am still able to sleep through the night and have not had to get up to pee in the night still. I know this is probably going to end soon but hey I'll enjoy it while I can! I was actually thinking what happens if I don't start waking up? I read that the insomnia and pee breaks in the night prepare your body for the nights after baby. So we will see....lol I don't think I want to hope that it starts soon, but I suppose if it's in a way good for me, bring it on :)

We are really getting a sense for her personality lately, or at least what we are thinking is her personality. Last night she was squirming around quite a bit in large movements that stretched my belly. On top of that she had the hiccups (precious). She tends to get a little annoyed when she has them for too long as she gets fidgety. When she pushes up like that Henry likes to try and figure out what part of her it is and then he pushes on her, she pushes back, and the two use my belly to pick on each other :) This time she had enough or something and she wound up and kicked me so incredibly hard! The hardest to date. Henry heard it at the same time he felt it! We laughed so hard. It was a nice moment to think about what our evenings will be like when she is here. Just us relaxing and learning about her.

The baby shower is this Saturday and I'm really excited. I think it'll be a really nice time to get together with friends and family. My sister in law is making a trip down for the shower as well so I'm very excited to see her. We are also excited to finish the nursery so that we can show it off when everyone is here. We don't have the crib yet but we will have the walls painted and all the other furniture set up and ready to go.

I am definitely in the nesting stage right now. Since I work at home I can see all the things that I need to get done. It's taking a lot of will power to not just walk away from work and start painting the nursery! But I promise I have been putting in all my hours and painting after that's done :) I'm definitely ready to feel like we are ready to go, but more than that, I am so grateful and mindful of all the blessing we have. I never want to take that for granted!

No comments: