Friday, September 21, 2012

Winded...

I've reached a stage where I feel metaphorically and physically winded lately. As is typical with this stage of pregnancy, Baby Roo is getting tighter and tighter on space which means a lot of pressing up into my lungs. It honestly for me, feels equivalent to the winded feeling you have when you sprint for 30 seconds to a minute. Not completely out of breath, but a need to stop and suck in some extra air. However, it's only three (ish) months left and I'm not feeling in a crazy rush for everything to be over yet. I'm trying to savour the moments in this pregnancy and enjoy my time with Zoey as an 'only' child. So for now, I'll shove a pillow behind my back and push baby down and take as much in as I can.

25 Weeks


Metaphorically, getting back to work after this Summer has been far more challenging than I anticipated. Changes in schedules have increased the workload in these first weeks back. We're managing but it's been mentally draining. I also forgot how at times you just want to put your computer away and play with Zoey. Regardless, we are thankful for a job where I can be with her all day and each week that passes, I am getting more and more prepped for my classes.

Playing with Great Aunt's Yarn

Zoey has been, as always, just a ball of energy and joy. Henry and I adore how we see more and more of her personality everyday. She is a girl who needs a little time to warm up to new people but once she feels settled and safe she will bring toys and books to play. She loves stickers lately and last night I went to bed and realized I had a whole line of them covering my legs. Her latest obsession is any kind of Doctor kit. She has one simple one and we recently got her a Doc McStuffins playset which she plays with at least once everyday. She sings the "Check Up" song as she puts on a stethoscope to examine Mommy and Daddy or any of her Stuffed animals. It's pretty awesome. She's becoming quite the singer lately as well, along with the Check Up song she surprised us one day by singing Twinkle Twinkle. As well, she is a huuuge fan of 'How Bad Can I Be?' from The Lorax. We love seeing her show a musical side and fully intend to foster that if she continues to show an interest.



We really couldn't ask for much more and feel so incredibly blessed. Honestly the only thing we wish we had more of was simply Time. We do our best to manage some family time every weekend/week but lately we're not sure why, it just seems harder and harder. However, as always we figure it out and put our priorities in order. We know that God wants us to be strong as a family even more than we do. So we continue to be thankful for all the amazing blessing we have and enjoy the ride as we eagerly await Baby Roo's arrival. Can you believe we're 27 weeks along already!



1 comment:

Kindra said...

My kids LOVEEEE the Lorax soundtrack! How Bad Can I Be? is definitely their favorite too :) Let me know if you want a copy of the soundtrack....every time we get in the van we HAVE to listen to it.