So it looks like maybe Tuesday we will get to see her, if not sooner, and thus will bring an end to this journey and we will begin the new one! I'll have to change the name of the blog but rest assured I will have a lot of stories and updates even after the jellybean has made her appearance!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Final Ultrasound and a Possible End in Sight
We went for our BioPhysical Profile yesterday. As I mentioned in the last post they wanted to get an idea of her overall health, activity levels, and fluid levels to make sure she was still doing okay in there. The only reason they would be concerned at all is due to the fact that I am currently 41 weeks and that is consider 'OverDue'. My doctor really isn't the type to get jumpy about inducing right away so that's been really nice. We have not felt pressured at all to get her out right away. He just wants to know that's she's healthy and is perfectly comfortable letting the pregnancy continue. However, after speaking with him at the hospital after the test, it does look like we have an end date in sight. We asked when his cut off was for continuing and he said that around 42 he does start to think more seriously about inducing. So after some discussion and realizing that Easter is next weekend already (hokie smokes!) that earlier next week if she doesn't make an appearance on her own is when we are likely going to book. I will see him on Monday and make an appointment for Tuesday is what we have decided. Now, even though this isn't what we hoped would happen, we are comfortable with the choice and have not felt pressured what so ever to go ahead with an induction. We feel comfortable and peaceful with the timing if this is what it comes too. However, we are still definitely okay with her deciding to come on out herself :)
So apparently I have a good deal of fluid still for her to float around in. The tech told us that I might want to sleep with a towel under me just in case because there is going to be a lot of fluid if my water does break. Awesome....pregnancy and labor is so dignified! She does have her head down nice and low and after a fourth check we were told that he would be completely shocked if it wasn't a girl. He showed us on the screen what they look for and based on his explanation, I'm fairly confident as well. Me being so qualified and all :) Overall, out of a possible score of 10, she rated a 10 which is great to hear. She is healthy, and hopefully happy. Although we don't think she liked the monitors they strapped on my belly for the half hour. She kept squirming and wiggling almost as if to say, "Get these things off!". She probably thought that Henry was picking on her again :) Those two....already! Honestly, he is so in love with her already. I know a lot of people are waiting to hold her but Henry has dibs. As far as I am concerned he can hold her for as long and as often as he possibly can. This little girl may not know it yet, but she is so completely loved by her daddy already and he cannot wait to see her and hold her. She is a very very lucky little girl.
So it looks like maybe Tuesday we will get to see her, if not sooner, and thus will bring an end to this journey and we will begin the new one! I'll have to change the name of the blog but rest assured I will have a lot of stories and updates even after the jellybean has made her appearance!
So it looks like maybe Tuesday we will get to see her, if not sooner, and thus will bring an end to this journey and we will begin the new one! I'll have to change the name of the blog but rest assured I will have a lot of stories and updates even after the jellybean has made her appearance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on your new baby girl Zoey! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!
Post a Comment