Friday, March 19, 2010

Overdue and Waiting

Well we are overdue and that's okay, but we are trying a few of the natural methods that sometimes work to induce or encourage labor. Last Friday I had a massage that worked on loosening the hips. I felt incredible, I have never had a massage before so even though it didn't induce me it sure felt good. I had no idea my hips were so sore!
I've also been drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea in the morning. My mom picked me up some and I ran out of Chai Tea so I'm drinking it. It actually doesn't taste that bad :) It can't hurt anything to try right?
Today I went to get some acupuncture done. My Mother in Law called last night and asked if I wanted an appointment made. We decided it really couldn't hurt to give it a try. So I went this morning and I was really curious to give it a try. It didn't hurt at all and it I found it basically relaxing to hang out. The Physio who did the procedure for me had it done for her in her second pregnancy and within two hours she said she first started feeling significant contractions within two hours. So we are not quite at two hours and there is a ton of movement right now, but I also did just ingest some chocolate :) I have two pins still in my ear that she said to press on every now and again. One is apparently linked to relaxation and the other to my uterus. Not going to get my hopes up, but really there is no reason this couldn't work.

We have a lot of people waiting to meet her so little girl needs to start getting ready to come on out :)

No comments: