Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let The Countdown Begin!

Nearly there! Tomorrow we hit 38 weeks. The due date is coming up really quickly but as much as I'de love to have a St. Patty's baby I'm thinking that may not happen. Our doctor seemed convinced that we will go into labor any day now, which is a little crazy! I just kind of assumed that nothing would happen at all until close to the due date (which may still happen!). Yesterday I had my weekly check and he just looked at me and said, "So Ashley just have the baby already, okay." lol I thought that was pretty funny. I'm working on it though! My nesting has kicked into full gear since I am now officially on Mat leave, which means I have the time to organize, clean, bake, and do all those things I wanted to get ready. Maybe even fit in a nap or two :)

We have the crib now finally and are feeling like the nursery is ready to go for baby girl. Obviously, still a few little things to get set but I am feeling good about what we have accomplished and ready.




As you can see, Zeppelin is very intrigued by the changes in the new room and is a little obsessed with some of the toys we have for her. He's slowly learning that some toys are not his....slowly :) But I think that will be the biggest problem we have with him and the new baby. He's a really good boy with children and little ones. We've never felt worried about that aspect which is really nice! Sometimes if I'm playing with him and he starts to growl I pull him over to my belly so he growls right next to her, hopefully that way she won't be bothered by the sound of him. Who knows :) Maybe it will work!

I've said all along that I've been very lucky with this pregnancy. I haven't had a lot to complain about and have avoided the majority of the common pregnancy ailments. However, I will say that as the weeks have gone on lately, I am getting a little more uncomfortable. I have a spot on my side that is really getting painful. If I have to cough I find myself bracing for it, either her feet have planted themselves up in there or its just a muscle that doesn't want to release due to the pressure. Either way, it's a little unpleasant. As well, getting up from lying down or even sitting down now is a lot more work! Poor Henry, every time I have to roll over at night it's a bit of a production. This morning I had to leverage myself by pushing on him to get up lol He's a trooper though and so sweet.

I'm trying really hard this week to stay active. The past few weeks have been very busy and sedentary due to a need to get things wrapped up with work before I finished. That meant that I didn't get a lot of walking in or activity at all and I can tell now. I'm really excited about this GORGEOUS weather and being outside for little walks and finally getting back on my treadmill for the first time in months. Even just getting things done around the house feels really good because it's active. As well, I figure its positive no matter how you look at it. If labor is starting, it will help out and if not than it's helping me strengthen my body for labor that is coming.

Well, wish me luck! :) I'll be sure to update everyone on any progress and post pictures once we have them! Can't wait to meet her :)

p.s The Gold Medal Game nearly sent me straight into labor! The most amazing game EVER! I love hockey!! :)

2 comments:

Megaen Reader said...

Hurry Up! I can't wait - I am so excited for you, these last few weeks will take forever! My doctor thought I would go early too because I was starting to dilate at 37 weeks. But I was 12 days over due... aim for March 15th then you can name her after me ;).

Good luck lady! You'll do awesome!
Megaen

Ashley Duiker said...

lol Thanks Megaen! I am trying my best. Henry said maybe I should visualize my cervix dilating....worth a shot :)

I almost forgot your birthday was the 15th! I'll be sure to think of you if I'm laboring then :)