
I must say that I have been incredibly touched by how much she means to others already. So many have expressed their excitement for her arrival. Our families are over the moon excited and I think our little girl is going to be very lucky that way :) You know her arrival is eagerly awaited when your mother in law calls Henry's cell, he doesn't answer, and I get a call at home only slightly flustered because she thought we went into labor and didn't tell her yet :) Or when I call my mom to verify a spelling and she sighs because she thought I might have called for another reason :) To my family, I promise you will know as soon as I can possibly let you know and to my dear friends, my sister has instructions to update my facebook once we know what the scoop is, so everyone will stay as firmly in the loop as I can manage :)
The doctor says I am dilated but didn't mention how much, which leads me to believe there isn't a measurement for "Hardly" but I'll take it :) It means that the contractions I've been having fairly regularly have been doing something at least. They are slowly increasing but it's been over a number of days that this has been happening. My body is just prepping or practicing :) The walking is good for me the doctor says, gets me ready for labor and brings her down even more. She is still wiggling away in there but I can tell she is starting to run out of room. I keep telling her we have tons of space out here, but she's like her daddy that way, prefers to be curled up and warm than have space and potentially cold. Can't say that I blame her too much :)
It was my sister's birthday on Monday and we had a 'Weekend Extravaganza' to celebrate :) Went to see Alice in Wonderland on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I have always enjoyed Alice in Wonderland, especially since taking my Children's Lit class back in college. There is a great deal of richness to the story, as long as you can remove the author from the equation. Lewis Carroll was a bit of a....creep, but many great authors are :) Anyways, we really enjoyed that. On Sunday we watched the Oscars and had supper with the family and Lewis, who basically is family :) Then Monday we just kind of relaxed handed out her presents, had supper, and watch 24. Nice a low key after such an extravagant weekend :) The big 23....my we are getting old ;)
Time to get off my butt and get some walking in today. We shall see if mom is right today. Henry told me to hold off just long enough so it's officially Thursday....what a stinker :)
No comments:
Post a Comment