Well.... I'm still pregnant :)
We had an appointment yesterday and I was a little discouraged to find out there had been no change since last week. He did say that the fact that I have symptoms is a good thing and the cervix is softening so if we get to the induction point he feel optimistic that it won't be too hard to get things going.
He isn't a huge fan of induction without a good reason. He said induction for your first delivery can be a bit of a gong show. So we are going for a Biophysical Profile tomorrow. They will score her out of 10 and evaluate how she is doing and her fluid levels. From there we will decide what the plan is. We are ultimately hoping that she will come on her own as this would fit with our birth plan and if she is healthy and in no danger than why not let her hang out in there for a little longer. However, if our doctor tells us that the score is lower than he would like and for her safety we need to induce, of course we will set an induction date. So basically, we are just waiting for tomorrow to see what happens.
Patience is something I am still learning and I am still surprised that I am okay with waiting. I am not saying that it isn't hard and that we cannot wait to see her and have that moment with her, but I am feeling okay with waiting.....most of the time :) It's a little harder when you start to get really uncomfortable with the extra weight, the swelling that is now happening, and general muscle pain from pregnancy overall. Still, as I keep saying, it really could be much worse. It's been a healthy pregnancy with a very limit number of the worst symptoms and most importantly she is growing and is healthy.
The sun is peaking out finally through the fog so I think it is time to go for a walk and enjoy the day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment