Thursday, November 12, 2009

22 Weeks, Tired, and Happy

Yesterday we hit the 22 week mark! Every week gets more and more exciting. Apparently next week we hit the One Pound mark, not sure why, but it seems like that is a big deal. Lots of changes are happening lately though. Henry was able to feel the baby for sure on Saturday, Tigger was kicking up a storm while we watched G.I Joe (I dunno everyone I'm starting to think we have a boy ;) That night it took him a little while to feel the kicks, he said he had to focus to notice them. Then early in the week, probably around Tuesday, I felt some really really strong kicks. I checked my belly and really low, I saw little bumps! Insanity! lol It's a little low for me to be able to show anyone right now....so sorry about that....but I am sure it won't be long until Tigger gets big enough to kick out my belly button.

Anyways, so since then, Henry has been feeling a TON of movement. It makes me sooo happy! This morning my tummy was touching his back just a little while we were listening to the radio and all of a sudden he said, "I felt that". I was so not thinking that he would have been able to feel any of that but I am honestly so excited. I think him feeling kicks as well, makes me almost happier than the first time I felt it myself.

So the day is nearly here, on Monday we get to go for our Ultrasound! yay! We can't wait :) We have decided to wait till the morning of to make the important choice to find out the gender. S much of us wants to know. The planner in me, REALLY wants to know. But we definitely see the reasons for not finding out. What gets to me, is when people suggest the birth of my child, my baby, seeing my child's face for the first time, will in some way, be less incredible. Ya.....not likely.
But we will let you all know how it goes and I promise to post the pictures we get from that day.
I'll also let you know how the bladder holds up! Apparently some sicko decided that I need to drink a ton of water before and I am not allowed to pee until after they push on my bladder with the wand. hahahaha...awesome ;)

Today I just have a routine prenatal check up. These are awesome since I get to hear the heartbeat, but I'm usually in and out pretty quickly. I'm taking mom with me since Henry can't make it as he is taking the time off for Monday. I took my sister last time and she really enjoyed getting to hear the heartbeat, so I thought she might like that as well :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are progressing so well. I know that whatever decision you two make about gender (to find out or not) will be awesome. Don't feel judged, just do what YOU want to do :D It's all about you guys now anyhow!

Audrey

Ashley Duiker said...

Thanks!

Well we changed our minds a little bit lol There are way too many good points on both sides.

We still kind of think it's a boy though :)Behaves too much like Henry already!