Monday, November 16, 2009

Ultrasound....Before

Well I called the Radiology Center where I am getting the Ultrasound, just to confirm what I need to do before I go. Well I have to pee in a half an hour and then in the span of 15 minutes I need to down Three glasses of water and then hold it for an Hour and a Half. Insanity!

Anyways :) I am still incredibly excited. We are both looking forward to finally seeing our baby....as long as Tigger can hold still long enough! We are going to ask them to look for the gender, but we found out we won't get that information until we meet with our family doctor. We are now, after so much thought and back and forth, thinking we may not find out the gender. But the reason we will ask them to find out at the Ultrasound is so we have the option if we change our minds. It will just be in the file and if we are crazy to find out, we can go ahead and do that : ) so clever we are!

We were looking up the kinds of things they are looking for at these appointments and there is some really important information we can get from this test. They are going to measure the size of the head, check for downs, check the spine, look at the lungs and heart, and I think the length of the umbilical cord. Anyways, I am really excited. Feels like a big moment :)

I'll update everyone once we get back....yay!

No comments: