We have made it to the one pound mark! It's pretty exciting :) I can tell our baby is getting much bigger and stronger. Tigger was making his/her presence known this morning. I am sure starting to feel bigger, this belly of mine is growing really fast it seems. I love seeing that growth, but at the same time it makes me think about trying to maintain a healthy weight during this time. I don't feel like I have gained much weight outside of the boobs and belly as we say. However, the numbers have jumped up and I am at a place I have never been before. It's a little intimidating even though I know it is completely normal and necessary.
I had trouble getting back into my excerising this past week after sort of scary night. I was doing my WiiFit stepper and when I finished I sat down and was surprised by intense pain across my abdomen. I had a sense that I was okay but it's not really a feeling that I think any pregnant chick wants to feel this early. I think what happened was a may have pulled something without fully realizing it. It wasn't coming it waves, and it only happened when I moved outside of a slight ache when I was lying still. Henry ran a hot bath for me and I hung out in there for a while. It took the edge off and helped me feel better. The interesting thing was neither of us panicked, just talked about the situation and what we wanted to do. It reinforces what I already know about Henry as a partner during pregnancy, labor, and life. He is amazing. It was nice to see that I could continue to stay calm and just work through it. I have a personality that, while it may not seem like it, I tend to stay in control during a scary or tough situation until that situation is over. Then I break down. It's served me well. When Henry had his emergency surgery during our first year married, I stayed in control the entire time. When got home and we were settled and he was comforable, I went downstairs and cried. Hoping I can keep it together like that for myself and Henry when D day arrives!
Mom, Bailey, and I went to see Twilight: New Moon today. It was fun to get out with them. The movie wasn't too bad :) Still don't see what the big deal is about the guys in that movie but it was entertaining. Good times, have to take advantage of it while I can right!
Bailey set the date for the baby shower, kind of awesome. I am looking forward to what she plans. It's really going to be nice to have mom and Bailey here for it as well. Fun stuff.
Well I think I am going to step back into my trusty maternity sweats and try and do some excerise. Especially after indulging on some movie popcorn....and yes I did hear the report about how bad it is for you.....but it's not a regular thing for me and I'm pregnant ..... leave me alone ;)
2 comments:
Ashley, I love your blog, what a special treasure it will be for your little one when he/she arrives! and don't worry about the extra weight, it comes off pretty quick, especially if you nurse your baby! Glad you are enjoying every stage of this journey!
Thanks Bethany :)
That means a lot and the info is certainly helpful.
Trying not to worry about anything too much and soaking up every minute I can :)
Post a Comment